Re: Are we ready?

Your weekend sounded great, Cyndi. Why does DH want to grow field corn? Make his own cornmeal? I did that once; good part is you can store it nearly forever on the cob and grind it only as you need it--so you can grow 2 or 3 year's worth at one time.

We just planted our second crop of tomatoes this weekend. The first crop--a variety called "Window Box Roma"--was really much better than expected. Mature plants were about 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet high. Determinant producers, they each produced 3 to 4 dozen fruits over a 3 week period. We'll definitely do those for our early crop again next year.