RE: Re: dogs

Sounds just like where my dog is heading. She never really adapted to being
blind. Forever walking into something like a wall... At first she would
listen to us and understood 'wrong way' but now she just charges into
everything then gets frustrated cause she can't get to where ever she is
trying to go.

I was in the basement a week or so ago, DH went upstairs and forgot to close
the door- sure enough, she fell down the stairs (and there are a lot of
them).. heard the noise and ran to the stairs, but too late, on the bottom
sprawled out. She survived that without injury which was amazing.

She wants to be near someone always, and seems happy then, but it isn't much
of a life. Doesn't seem to be suffering, but she has never been a
complainer.  Her hips have been bad for years, but we did get some meds for
her and she does much better with that.

Yesterday when we were outside, she just stayed by the door outside, she
used to love to be out laying in the sun and running around. Really sad.

Donna