RE: Looking for the weekend!

I don't get too many tomato worms but the chickens just love the June bug
I saw our chickens catch, kill, and eat a sparrow once. That was startling.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 11:30 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Looking for the weekend!

You made me wish once more that I could keep a few chickens here. They
are such great animals. And, you're right, nothing makes them happier
than a barrel of weeds--unless it's a coffee can full of tomato

Gophers can really be a nuisance in a garden, orchard, and pasture. One
July 4th my father dropped cherry bombs down all the gopher holes in
our back yard--causing plumes of smoke to rise throughout the

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10