Re: Celebrate!/ now spring in Sacramento

No kidding-  Sacramento has borken it's record for number of days of
rain for March-  we are at 20 and counting and it's supposed to rain
today sometime too.  The average is 10 days.  Anyway, today is a
holiday!!! So I'm home and I spent all morning in the garden since it
isn't raining yet.  I did get my lawn mowed before it reached my knees,
weeded everything, cleaned up more plant clippings and tree stuff (from
testing out my new little electric chainsaw 2 weeks ago), that wouldn't
fit in the garden waste barrel before today (they emptied them this
morning and I've already filled one back up again).  I also transplanted
a couple of little things:
A white violet moved further in on my corner path, so it wouldn't get
baked by the sun....presuming we are going to get sun again!.
A cuphea moved to a better spot where it has more room,
A albutilon from being smother by a euphorbia, to a more open, yet
shaded area under the Chinese Pistachio tree

I also yanked a ton of California fuschia  (/Zauschneria californica)/
out.  This stupid plant is native here, but obviously needs to be grown
in a spot where it can take over an entire hillside.  I do like the
red-orange flowers and the hummers and bees like them too, BUT  I hate
it when a plant is bent on world domination.  This thing was find until
last fall- it had been in the ground for 5 years- then it decides to
spread EVERYWHERE by these underground runners.  I hand painted a bunch
of it with round-up a couple weeks ago.  Didn't kill it but did die back
some.  I'm sure I'll be yanking this stuff out forever.  I'm still
trying to decide if I want to totally remove it.  I have considered
putting it in a pot and then replanting it in the garden pot and all to
try to control it.  We'll see.

Thats about all- we do have LOTS of stuff blooming:  azaleas, freesias,
tulips, narcissus, grape hyacinths, pink jasmine, english daisies,
thrift, some little ground cover with vivid blue flower- can't recall
the name, camellia, carnations, cyclamen, roses, iris, even two of the
salvias.

Spring is here!

Theresa

P.S.  I have a weeding problem I need some advise about-  I have stupid
clover growing around my agave plant and it is spreading.  I keep trying
to yank it out, but it comes back more and more.  Of course I can't get
it all out by hand, otherwise I'd stab myself from the agave thorns.
Any suggestions??