Re: what is WITH this weather!

They are not going to make headway till the wind stops. There was a
major pile up of cars a few miles from my home (I believe it was 20+ car
pile up, if I recall correctly). Since we don't have deep snow, folks
are still exceeding the speed limits, but they just don't realize the
roads have that snow induced thin coating of ice. On the way home from
work, a salt truck was going the other way on a two lane road. I always
hate that cause I know the side of my car will be sprayed with salt. The
wind was blowing so hard in the other direction, the salt never made it
to my side of the road or car..... now that is windy!

Cersgarden@aol.com wrote:
  In a message dated 3/2/07 8:26:55 PM, gossiper@sbcglobal.net writes:

> Ceres, are the roads still closed?

Donna, the I35 north & I80 east are open with a ban on towing yet however I80
west to Nebraska is still closed. Semi trucks are being parked in mall
parking lots, Menard parking lots and various places as the truck stops are full.
My daughter lives approx 3 mi north of Madrid (25 mins N of me) on Hwy 17
and they cannot get to Madrid due to abandon cars & drifts. Tomorrow is going
to be warmer, not so windy and no addtl snow.

AOL now offers free email to
everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at http://www.aol.com.