Re: Daylight saving

Back in the eighties, I visited my brother in Russia in early June.
We took the night train from Moscow to St. Petersburg arriving at 7AM
Saturday, and boarded the train to return at 11PM. As it was very
close to the equinox, we were close to the arctic, when we walked
back to the train station at 10:30PM, it was like dusk, and I had
never seen so many folks on the street and shops open in my life, so
staying out shopping when there is light must be a human, as opposed
to a capitalist American phenomenon.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b