From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 11:48 AM
To: Garden Chat
Subject: [CHAT] Quiet today

All day--since about 4:30 this AM--I've been holding my breath, waiting
for a consensus to develop about this earlier-than-usual DST. But there
doesn't seem to be one. When I got up, I turned on the lights, the
computer, the TV, and [of course] the heater. The sun finally came up
at 7:30 so I could dowse some of the lights by 8:30 when it was finally
daylight and the skylight began to dispel some of the gloom. So, in
all, I used some pretty intense electricity for 4 hours this morning. I
think those Santa Barbara researchers are probably right. DSL is likely
a loser.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W