Re: that time of the year

  • Subject: Re: that time of the year
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:58:06 EDT

In a message dated 3/18/2009 12:52:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
holmesbm@usit.net writes:

I am about to give up.  We have two dogs who are well behaved and don't do
damage to my gardens.  But, my husband likes to walk our dogs and
neighbor's dogs.  One of them is especially destructive.  This morning he
dug up some of my thyme just as one example of lots of garden destruction.
My husband who is 70 and has some short term memory loss just says that the
dogs don't mean to.  I'm ready to scream.  Thanks for letting me vent.

You do have my sympathy.  I'm finding it hard to know what to do about
the garden this year, what with deer destruction and woodchucks eating up
the vegetable garden.  My husband, who is a lot older than yours, doesn't
seem concerned, and doesn't help me to get anything done about the vegetable
garden fence.  Now that the weather is getting just about possible to work
out, I
am really depressed, not knowing if anything I plant will survive.  Is it
worth the
effort?  But all my instincts are for digging and planting.  And of course,
at my
age, I'm always thinking this may be my last chance.  Thanks for letting me
vent, too.
**************Great Deals on Dell 15" Laptops - Starting at $479