RE: SUN - finally!
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: RE: SUN - finally!
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 10:51:52 -0500

Rained off and on all day Saturday at our place, but Sunday was
gorgeous. I was out in the drizzle on Saturday hacking back the
rabbitbrush and rosemary in the veggie garden, so that's done. The
rosemary, which was 3' high and at least 8' across, had a massive pile
of dirt underneath it, looks like an entire colony of rabbits lived
there.
Sunday I direct-seeded chard, spinach, cilantro and dill and checked on
my greenhouse seedlings. Then it was time for horse grooming, they are
giant walking mudpies mixed with shedding hair so it took a while, but
they look better too. I let the sheep out too and allowed everyone to
graze while I guarded the horse trailer...the sheep love gnawing on the
wiring harness but we've no other place to park it. It's hard duty,
sitting in the sun with a book, but I managed.
Almost all the daffodils are in bloom, and one of the rosemary bushes in
front, but not much else yet. Overcast right now and I hear there is a
chance of rain mid-week.

Cyndi