RE: Happy St. Pat day to all....
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: RE: Happy St. Pat day to all....
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:00:36 -0700

I'd forgotten about those pictures. I really need to remember to publish
my garden pix somewhere too, I never manage to get past reading email
when I sit down at the PC.
Yesterday was the most beautiful spring day here, too bad I was at work.
We are supposed to see another cooling trend just in time for the
weekend. But maybe it will not be quite so windy; last Saturday was
miserable and Sunday, even though calmer, was not warm. I spent a lot of
time in the greenhouse. Transplanted tomato and pepper seedlings into
bigger pots, sowed seeds for marigolds, zinnias, and coleus. I've never
tried coleus from seed so this is a little experiment.  I got about 50%
germination from the Ptilotus exaltatus seeds I bought, and there were
only 8 in the package to begin with, but we'll see how they go on. And I
realized I have not been paying attention to my supplies, I ran out of
4" pots.
Daffodils are mostly starting to fade but I have some in a more shady
spot that are just starting to bloom. I was popular at work last week
after bringing in vases of them for everyone. Not much else blooming out
there yet except the fruit trees and the rosemary. I have not seen any
wildflowers open and my lilacs are just barely showing some green. Some
years I have had lilacs and daffodils and roses at the same time.

Cyndi