Re: OMG it's windy
  • Subject: Re: OMG it's windy
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 16:32:15 EST

I guess you could say spring is about here. The snow cover is down
to just patches.  There is no more ice on the driveway. I can see
Hellebores putting up the first buds  - but so far no other blooms
or sprouts.  I have seen chipmunks racing about, and thought I
heard a robin yesterday.
But, the rain that took away a lot of the snow bank ended up in the
downstairs rooms - more than three inches Monday.  It's ebbing, and
down to just puddles now but the scary thing is that more heavy rain
is predicted for this weekend.  I'm hoping the ground will have thawed
enough to absorb it this time. The problem was that the ground was
still frozen and there was just nowhere else for it to go.  This has
happened about three times in the fortyone years we have been in
this house.
Need I say, I'm pretty tired of this winter.  I had talked my garden club
into having a small horticulture show in April - mainly to celebrate spring,
but now I'm wondering if we will have anything blooming by then.
In a message dated 3/9/2011 3:58:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,