RE: I think it's spring
  • Subject: RE: I think it's spring
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 11:23:54 -0700

We had another weekend of bad weather. DH and I took leave on Friday so
we could go camping with the horses in the desert southeast of here. The
forecast said it was supposed to be better than home, so I hoped for the
best but it was not to be. Very windy and cold. We packed up and came
home on Saturday, and I found it was true that it was better in Joshua
Tree since it was REALLY miserable here. Sunday it rained the entire
day. Doesn't look like the rest of the week is going to be much better
but on the plus side, extra rain should extend the wildflower season.
It's time to pull back the row cover and check on my snow peas. Maybe I
have spinach coming up by now too. Daffodils are almost all in full
bloom (if only they weren't flattened by wind and rain) and the roses
are just leafing out. I saw a few flowers on the erisymum too.
Everything else is holding back but it won't be long before the growing
explosion happens.