Re: I think it's spring
  • Subject: Re: I think it's spring
  • From: Aplfgcnys@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 14:37:44 EDT

I was far too optimistic - misled by the one warm day.  I should
have known better. The next two days were overcast, windy, in
the 30s - really raw.  Today is a mixture of snow and rain with
the temperature about 35.  Just lovely! And it is predicted to be
like this for most of the week.  I just hope we don't have another
flood downstairs. The floor tiles are already coming up, but Chet
insists we must do something about the drainage before he will
even consider doing something about the floor.  I'm just afraid he
(or I) will trip on the loose tiles.
At least we won't be going into the spring with drought conditions.
A dry spring can be a really bad start for the year.  All the local
reservoirs are full to capacity, for the first time in years.  An
interesting note in the IES (Institute of Ecosystem Studies)
newsletter says that even though the earth's climate is definitely
warming, and growing seasons are longer, the increase results
from later first frosts in the fall.  The last spring frost dates have
not changed.  Certainly this year will be an example.
In a message dated 3/21/2011 2:26:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,