RE: later on

A "Dig your own" party doesn't sound so bad either!  And I've seen some
pretty tiny "garden spots," so don't sell your places short.  :>D  After
all, there is design and color to consider as well as rarity or collection
quality to look at, too.

Here's a bit of a bright spot--The elderly lady down the street who had her
home sold after working so very hard to nurture some absolutely beautiful
garden areas was blessed enough to have another gardener purchase it.  Some
of the plants have changed a little, but mostly, the hard work the first
owner did was kept, by and large, and embellished with more hard-scape and
some additional plant materials!  You just never know.  If I were shopping
for a new place, I'd be looking at the landscape and garden areas as much as
the house itself.  One with a good garden started in good, amended soil
would be a joy!

As for what ever I leave behind, I know that my grandson has the "gardening
bug" implanted on his growing young mind to carry on with gardening and that
my older daughter, now that she is in her own place, is doing a bit of
gardening herself.  (However, if she throws out another pulmonary without
offering it to me, I'm not sure what I'll be compelled to do!  LOL!!!)  My
younger daughter's significant other (I'm about to ask his intentions...) is
getting Rayna a bit interested in plant materials, too, for the home he is
renovating.  (Rayna is a true artist, so if she ever succumbs to the
gardening lure, who knows what wonderful combinations she devise?)

Kitty, as an MG, haven't you had the opportunity to teach children about
gardening?  I know Pam has shared her knowledge and expertise to other's
children, too.  What you do now will impact and enhance the next generation
of gardeners!  What better legacy could you want?

Blessings,

Bonnie (SW OH- zone 5)