From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Pamela J. Evans
Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2003 12:09 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] black hollyhocks

Whoever it was, from the old AHS list, who gave me these black hollyhock
seeds - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. My God - they are STUNNING! Being
biennials, I just got foliage last year, but they just started blooming
and my GOSH! Unbelievable color, I nearly dropped my sprayer! Stopped
DEAD in my tracks and nearly got whiplash jerking my head around when I
caught sight of it!! WOW. Ok, back out to separate an entwined purple
coneflower and veronica (Sunny Border Blue). Wish me luck for a
successful operation! Gotta finish spraying too before it gets too warm.

thanks again to the generous soul!

Pam Evans
Kemp TX/zone 8A