Re: ltr to the editor

Well, Kitty, good for you sending off a scathing rebuttal.  Sounds
like the author was trying to be cute with no knowledge of the
history of horticulture - during all but the recent times of which,
about all professional gardeners were male.  I would still be
surprised if the majority of nursery owners in the world weren't
male.  Used to be that women were relegated to weeding, pricking out
seedlings and other menial tasks, while men were the head gardeners.
So, in addition to being offensively sexist, that statement is dead
wrong.  Go get em'!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :