Re: ltr to the editor

Any chance we can read your "scathing rebuttal"?
On Sunday, May 4, 2003, at 10:59 PM, Kitty Morrissy wrote:

David and Bonnie,
The writer's name was Rhea Edmonds; don't know what she smokes.
This newspaper rarely prints gardening articles and what they do print are
usually articles plucked from Scrips Service written by Texas or California
writers in which the info doesn't apply here. When they do write a local
article, they are rarely of much value.
I emailed my scathing rebuttal to her sexist comment today. Besides....I
looked up "girly" and it's not even a word! The closest word is
"girlie"...Meaning: featuring scantily clothed women <girlie magazines>
<girlie show> I suppose David would say something like "Now THAT'S

Some fat guy who smokes cigars and demands his overworked wife have
dinner on the table when he comes home wrote that. I still get a lot of
that from among others the firefighter across the street because he sees
me cooking dinner every night. Ignorance dies hard!

"Girly?" You've got to be kidding. Real gardeners know that you can't be
"prissy" and garden too. Dirt and sweat are involved as well as aching
muscles (as most of us will attest to after a long winter's garden
workout.}  :>D  Was the writer a gardener or just assigned to do a

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)