Re: pruning hibs was: What is this strange item?

Well by god Marge finally a question I can answer for you.  Thought this
day would never happen.

Hibs bloom on new growth.  If you prune the entire plant at the same
time you can expect to wait about 10 weeks before they will bloom
again...assuming you are feeding and giving them plenty of light.  What
I tell most people is to prune one or so branches at a time so you can
still enjoy some blooms on the plant while you wait for the new branches
to regrow and develop buds.  Once that happens then select others
branches to prune.  In my opinion the time to severely prune the entire
plant is in the fall when most blooming has stopped.  In that way your
plant will be recovering during the spring and early winter ready again
for summer.  You can cut them back as far as you want.  They grow new
leaves on old wood.

Did that answer the question?