Re: Re: New USDA Zone Map/ pushing the envelope

Hello Kitty,
    Perhaps you would have better luck in the search if I spelled the name
correctly. Should be * Rohdea* japonica. There are a few nurseries out there
on the internet carrying this one, so photos should be available. Common
name is Sacred Lily of China. It is coming into bloom now in the garden, but
I am told the blooms and resulting berries are insignificant... Foliage is
long strap-like leaves from a rhizome. Dark leathery green with high texture
and ripples along the edge of each leaf. I just found a supplier for the
species so will have the plants in fall listing. Great for under shrubs and
trees in root competition and somewhat dryish soils. I am using mine with
mottled gingers and corydalis.
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com