RE: todays experience

Personally think you have to do the tried and true plants to learn what
gardening is about.... then you need exposure to other plants before you
want them. If it wasn't for this group, I would not know about many
plants, got a whole list of plants to find saved on this puter.... So
far the list isn't getting any shorter, mostly cause I never did find
them for sale.

Last yr we discussed Oriental limelight. Since I already purchased the
plant then got scared by the discussion, decided to use it in a display
pot rather than plant it.

This planter takes the brunt of winter. Way above ground, against a
garage wall, on an asphalt driveway, no winter protection of mulch or
anything. It came back :)

Donna

> Melody - I really didn't intend to come across as a plant snob, though
> suppose I may be to some extent.  I have Purple Coneflowers and and
Tawny
> Daylilies because I love their simple charm.  But I kicked the Shasta
> Daisies out long ago because they're a royal pain.
>
> I understand K-Marts carrying such items, actually I'm happy they
don't
> carry anything rare, as it would be a shame to see them gasping their
last
> breaths when no one waters them.  But it would be nice for "bonafide"
> nurseries to offer something unusual.
>
> There is a huge world of plants to be expereinced and I hope to God
we'll
> never be reduced to some "white list".  Personally, I don't care if
there
> are times when nothing is blooming.  The week or two of that
Glaucidium
> will
> be enough to carry me through.  I'm a collector, not a designer, so
I'll