Re: Tree peonies revisited

Melody wrote:
Kitty and anyone else with a possible answer: A friend of mine today
asked if there is any way to progagate a tree peony...she has a lovely,
very old specimen in her yard that she would love to reproduce and give
to friends for their gardens. I said I would check with all of you and
get back to her. TIA!
Cuttings don't work, or so rarely that you'd almost have to sacrifice
the original to get one which would strike. That's why good tree peonies
are so expensive; they have to be divided.

Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7