From: Kitty [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 08:31:03 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] my garden photos

Well, my sistem is in but we've had plenty of rain so far, so I won't
know<br>how well it works for awhile. I toyed with the idea of taking it
in during<br>winter, but it took me most of a day to lay it and if I had
to relay it next<br>yr, it would be a nightmare trying to get it the
same. So it will stay down<br>and hopefully I can get the lines blown
for the winter. I almost bought a<br>small air compressor for the job,
but all I can find are ones that are<br>powered via the cigarette
lighter port of a car. That's not workable
"Donna " <justme@prairieinet.net><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent:
Friday, May 07, 2004 11:27 PM<br>Subject: RE: [CHAT] my garden
don't use the sharp<br>> degree fittings, more the larger ones. I also
use 2inch pvc, so there is<br>> some room for the hose to work thru it.
Since adding those posts with<br>

> the faucets, never have a problem with a kink. I do use an air<br>>
compressor to blow out the hoses for the winter. I started doing this
at<br>> the summer place, and the hose lasts about 5 years then springs
a leak.<br>> Easy enough to replace, just connect the new hose to the
the winter, I don't bury this very deep.<br>> Maybe 6 inches under
ground.<br>><br>> I am waiting till next year to hear Kitty's report on
the sprinkler<br>> system. I would like to do something like that but
fear the winter would<br>> cause me to replace it every spring....but
like the idea of selective<br>> areas getting watered... but I guess
that means I can't be moving plants<br>> all the time either
better than what I've been doing, which is<br>> > just securing sections
of hose along the edge of borders with earth<br>> > staples; quick
disconnect at e

ach end so I can plug the sections into<br>> > the main hose and change
watering devices. Even my really low tech<br>> > method seems to be
working better than hauling 200' of recalcitrant,<br>> > kicking,
twisting hose all over the map. Lordy do I hate hoses!<br>> > Products
of the devil's workshop.<br>> ><br>> > Donna are all your PVC pipe runs
straight? If not, how do you handle<br>> > curves or angles? How deep do
mtalt@hort.net<br>><br>>

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com