From:  [mailto: gardenqueen@academicplanet.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 21:22:10 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Peonies for the South

Andrea - how big are these things? I've got no room for anything
bigger<br>than a small lavender. Peonies in the South?? What a
I read in the book Passalong Plants by Steve Bender and Felder Rushing
today<br>&gt; that there are 3 peonies that will survive in the deep
south.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; Festiva maxima, Big Ben, and a pink on that I
can't remember the name of.<br>&gt; Apparently, we have to plant the
early flowering ones as the rest will not<br>&gt; make it.<br>&gt;
in October so<br>&gt; I'm going to see if I can buy some to plant in the
SC<br>&gt; <br>&gt;
Support hort.net -- join the hort.net fund drive!<br>&gt;

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com