Weekend of work...work...work!

Well, all the plants I have bought over the past couple of weeks are now
in the ground. Some new beds have been made, some old ones re-worked,
lots of weeding done, took a way overgrown tree out. Planted Tony's
garden...can't wait for it to germinate and grow. Got a lot of mulching
done. Friday spent most of the afternoon/evening in the garden, all day
Saturday, all day Sunday...finally came in after supper tonight figuring
I'd gotten enough done. It was important for me to stay absolutely
occupied all weekend, work myself into exhaustion, and fall into bed
each night too tired to dream. It was the 4th anniversary of my older
brother's suicide and I don't think I'd have made it if it weren't for
my gardens...all the therapy in the world is there and the plants didn't
care if I cried over them a little or a lot. Turns out, I didn't cry at
all because there is such peace in hard work and such joy in working the
ground. That's one of the things I love about gardening...it's almost
always there when you really need it. And now I've managed to catch up
on the list's email, so I'm set to start a new week from a pretty good
place. Thank God!!

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com