Re: Dragon wing begonias

In a message dated 05/18/2004 8:53:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Cersgarden@aol.com writes:

> I had an Angel Wing inside that was growing beyond a desirable size but I
> decided to see how big it would get.  I finally cut it back when it was
> about
> my height (which is less than Ms Fatma, shorter than short).

I have an old angel wing that will grow until it reaches the ceiling and then
bend and grow along the ceiling.  I have never let it grow until it stopped -
cut it back at least once a year.  In addition to the tall, bamboo-like
stalks it puts out a lovely canopy of drooping branches, and if I take it outside
in the summer, will produce large clusters of deep pink blooms.  This is a very
old plant - grown from a cutting given to me by an old lady about 36 years
ago. I guess that's not quite right - I'm sure I have renewed the plant from
cuttings a few times over the years.