Re: Way OT - Fedex Ground

> From: Zemuly@aol.com
> I'll certainly never use FedEx Ground again.  You all probably know
> FedEx's int'l headquarters is in Memphis.  LaGrange (where I live)
is 40 miles
> east of there on what is one of Memphis's main thoroughfares.
(There are no
> turns at all.) FedEx Ground couldn't find it!  I had to call the
warehouse, speak
> with the driver and give him specific instructions on how to find
this town.

Good Grief, Zem...that's pretty bad.  After using Fedex ground in
Dec. and having it cost twice what I'd expected because of added this
and that, I've decided not to use them again either.  The first
pickup I called for - the guy couldn't find us.  Like Fedex express
has been picking up and delivering here for over 20 years!  So, I got
my first shipment sent express free on account of them not picking up
when they said they would.  It was then that I discovered that
express and ground have no relation to each other...not something
you'd think from their PR info. on the service!  Then, I discovered
they don't pick up on the same day - have to call a day in advance.
Phooey...not only that, they charge for the pick up!  Why have a
bleedin' account with them if they're gonna do that and to avoid it I
have to trot the package 15 miles to a Fedex station?

So, to heck with Fedex ground!

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi