Re: Re: /schools/chef

> From: David Franzman <dfranzma@pacbell.net>
> Judy, I still love my cabon steel knives I first got them in 1978.
> Unfortunately, now they don't look so good as compared to the
> steel knives that all the up and coming chefs use.  My wife did a
> thing.  She made it a practice to buy a new knife for me for
Christmas every
> year.  I enjoyed that.

My favorite knives are carbon steel - guaranteed to rust and pit but
you can sharpen them;-)  My little paring knife is like an extension
of my hand - I have 2, but one I use all the time with a broken tip
and it's so old it's gotten really thin in the blade; really don't
think I can prepare food without it:-)

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi