Re: Plant disaster/ups versus usps

In a message dated 05/21/2004 10:20:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

> Here, priority mail is delivered to the door if it won't fit in the
> mailbox.
> But then so is parcel post.  I think it's just prudent to bring anything to
> the door rather than leave it out of the mailbox on the ground at the road.
> Here, also, it is delivered by the same driver as regular mail.

Ours is not left out of the mailbox on the ground - it is taken back to the
post office, if it was even sent out the first time.  A note is put in the box
that we can pick it up the next day - which defeats the whole purpose of
Express mail.  Add to that, the Peekskill post office is most inconvenient to get
to - has no parking, and is not in a nice neighborhood.  There are three post
offices closer to us, but that's where our mail comes from.  We try to avoid
using their services.