RE: Daylilies

I'm a daylily nut!  I have about named 325 cultivars. I'm an officer in
my local club as well, but identifying daylilies can be a nightmare!
There are about 5,000 hybrids out there!  Some are quite unique, but
others can be hard to tell apart.  We usually use size of bloom, height,
bloom time, form as well as other characteristics to describe plants.
There is a national registry. Many of my "unknowns" have been given
away.  I had old descriptions from the Wild's catalog, where I ordered
them, but still couldn't sort them out.  Daylily growers are fanatical
about labeling and mapping their gardens.  I'm keeping photographic
records as well.  Since I show my daylilies, they must have accurate
names.  Also, I'm starting to hybridize and parentage is important to

Long Island, NY
Zone 7