Re: vacation to florida

Bring your shades, hats, and sunblock. You'll need all three.

There are many botanical places of interest. Within an hour or two of Orlando are Harry P. Leu Botanic Gardens in Orlando, Bok Tower in Lake Wales, University of South Florida Botanic Garden in Tampa, and Selby Botanical Garden in Sarasota. If you get to Miami, Fairchild Tropical Gardens in Coral Gables is great. I would put all of those on a "must see" list. If you get to Sanibel, be sure to tour the Edison and Ford complex in Ft. Myers. Neither Thomas nor Henry were much into gardens, but there are some interesting plantings.

Some of the commercial "gardens"--Busch [Tampa], Epcot [Lake Buena Vista], Cypress Gardens [Winter Haven, if it's open again] and Sunken Gardens [St. Petersburg] are interesting but kind of pricey, especially if you have a bunch of kids.

Would be fun to meet up for a visit if our schedules jibe.