Re: bird rescue, now wind turbines

I have wondered if there are any known negatives to them. Right now they are so out in the open here that I hope they don't negatively effect anything or anyone. It is a great way to make use of the wind and make electricity.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] bird rescue, now wind turbines

I understand the wind turbines erected in the Appalachians (West Virginia?) have killed large numbers of bats...
On Monday, May 2, 2005, at 11:50 AM, pdickson wrote:

I am so behind in messages. When I got home I downloaded over 800..... so am slow in answering. Yes the wind had been terrible before I left on my trip to CA... but now it is wonderful. We are having a very light rain and calm days now. I will have to send pictures of the new wind turbines that have gone up while I was gone. I knew they were working on them when we left but we got home and I can see about 16 from my front yard. I am trying to think of them as sculpture.... very big art! They are mesmerizing...