Re: More California desert flowering

One word! WOW!

----- Original Message ----- From: "James R. Fisher" <garrideb@well.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 7:27 PM
Subject: [CHAT] More California desert flowering

A snippet from another mailing list:

"Last week my husband and two of our friends spent seven plus days driving
around mostly the central part of California looking for flowers. We knew
we were too late for the desert and other places like Carrizo Plain. We had
planned to go there, but a telephone call before we left revealed we were
too late. Someone sent me the url below with this text: "the East side of
Carrizo plains in the Tremblor range, orange & yellow daisies and blue
phacelia". I recommend you click on it even if the plants aren't geophytes
as the picture is rather amazing.
http://www.desertusa.com/wildflo/images05/Tremblor3.05L.jpg "

Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA