Re: Spring pictures

It has been misery here...can't believe how cold it is. Supposed to be
low of 29 degrees here tonight and when I was out for my break at 2
a.m., I'm sure it was close to that. Brrr...had my team's first softball
practice Monday night. Poor little girls (grades 3 & 4)...I had to keep
them moving all during practice to keep them warm enough. Next practice
is Wed...hope it warms up by then...took me the rest of the night on
Monday just to get warm again. Got loads of plants that are sitting on
my covered front porch waiting to go into the ground...just too darned
cold here. So far, most of the blooming things in my yard have been
fine, but tonight I'm sure I'll lose the blooms on the bleeding hearts
and all my miniature white iris, as well as whatever aquilegia's are
flowering already. I'm sure I'll be checking damage when I get home in
the a.m. Well, I guess the MG's here didn't catch on that I didn't get
my educational hours all completed last year because I am still on their
active member list. Got a call this past week to do a short 30 minute
presentation for pre-schoolers ages 3-5 at a local Head Start program...
I am such a sucker for kids...how could I say no???? Anyway, got some
cool coloring pages off the web for their teacher to photocopy after I'm
gone but also one of the local nurseries donated some wheat grass and
some giant sunflower seeds. We're going to plant the sunflowers outside
in the daycare's little garden and then grow wheat grass "hair" in
styrofoam cups that the kid's will decorate with faces. Two groups of 28
and 35 kids apiece...so I needed quick and easy! Many of these are
underpriveleged children who have no access at home to gardens, so I
can't wait to give them a chance to grow something and see what that
feels like!

Melody
Hills, IA  zone 5