To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 8:59 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT]OT was Andreas bites now dogs/ now not so smart

Ok- I've got really bad news for you- I am quite certain that more than half of the people in the US are dumber than you. Perhaps since this is my field I am accutely aware that there is a good reason that many stupid things happen in the world, and while IQ points certainly don't count for everything- a few good problem-solving skills are quite important.
The thing that always amazes ME is why there aren't more car accidents! Reaction time (like IQ and height) is on a bell curve, which means LOTS of people have lousy motor responses- add to that the people with visual-spatial deficits and a ton of moving metal..... you get the picture.

Theresa

Christopher P. Lindsey wrote:

It always scares me when people tell me that I'm smart, because that means
that a lot of people are dumber than me. :) And I think your story illustrated one such case.

Hey, vent away! That's part of the reason we're all here! :)

Chris