Re: Nice day/or not

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Nice day/or not
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 10:22:31 -0600

Melody, inflation is not the only factor to consider.  It's a fine benchmark
for those whose income has kept pace with inflation, but that's not the case
for a lot of people (this explanation has nothing to do with your choice of
a road trip - I'm bringing it up as an every day complaint that people have)
The minimum wage hasn't gone up in....how long?  At $5.15 an hour, less
taxes, a person can buy a gallon of gas for every half hour they work.  I
definitely make more than minimum but currently make 50c an hour more than I
made 25 years ago.  In general, I agree that gas prices aren't all that bad;
the problem is the ever-widening gap of rich vs poor.