todays problem

Problem in a nut shell...

Vitis coignetiae (Crimson Glory Vine). Last season
this decided to grow, and I mean grow! Unfortunately I
was busy and did not train it. So yes, I have a mess
here now.

So!.. How much can I prune it without killing it? It
has already sprouted, flowered, and appears to be
creating grapes at the moment....

It is planted by my front garden entrance and thought
was to cover the the 14 ft of chain link fence
there... it did, back and forth about 5 times. Had I
gotten to it and ran it thru the fence, I would be
happy... now it appears to be a foot or so from the
fence and a mess.... hard to describe, but just ain't
gonna look well where it is. If the grapes mature, it
will break the woody vine as it has no support
in-between.

So... now what do I do?

Donna- who doesn't care about the grapes, bought it
for cover and fall color.