Re: so Kitty---

Great job, Kitty! You are an amazing woman.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" <4042N15@nationalhearing.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 12:44 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] so Kitty---

Thanks for asking Donna. I was so worried I was going to be rained out.
They had called for 70% chance of rain. I priced some items Wed night and
Thurs i pulled some into garage to mark because it was raining, then more
Fri am when it wasn't (I had Fri & Sat off). Broke for awhile to go to a job
interview - he said I wasn't 'trendy' enough. Then plugged away at tagging
the rest until about 5pm at which time it started raining, lightly. My
garage was packed full of plants that I knew I could not set up the next am
by 7:30, so I started setting up all the tables in the rain with plastic to
protect the wooden ones. I brought plants out to the tables until the rain
got heavier and then covered them with dropcloths. Rained the rest of the
night. Weatherman said rain in the morning.. Next morning, Sat, sale day,
I got up about 4:30. Not raining. Moved all the rest of the plants out to
tables. The display stretched about 70 feet with some of the displays
having 2, 3, or 4 tiers. Then I lugged out all the heavy produce boxes and
a few regular garage sale items. It didn't rain the entire day. Got a
little chilly, then warm again, but all in all, a really nice day.
I sold almost everything, plantwise. Nobody wants Blue Flag Iris, 20 of
which had been given to me because they hadn't sold at the MG sale. Now
I'll just take the 12 left (I gave 7 away free) back to the next MG sale.
Other than that, I had about a dozen plants left. Made $1150, but that
includes about $50-70 of regular garage sale stuff. Still, it's a new
record for me.

Then I had to work at our MG nursery all day Sunday, digging and potting
things for our May sale. My dogs are barking. My back is aching. I'm
actually gald to be back at work where I can rest. I'm pooped.