hort.net Seasonal photo, (c) 2006 Christopher P. Lindsey, All Rights Reserved: do not copy
articles | gallery of plants | blog | tech blog | plant profiles | patents | mailing lists | top stories | links | shorturl service | tom clothier's archive0
Gallery of Plants
Tech Blog
Plant Profiles
Mailing Lists
    Search ALL lists
    Search help
    Subscription info
Top Stories
sHORTurl service
Tom Clothier's Archive
 Top Stories
New Trillium species discovered

Disease could hit Britain's trees hard

Ten of the best snowdrop cultivars

Plant protein database helps identify plant gene functions

Dendroclimatologists record history through trees

Potato beetle could be thwarted through gene manipulation

Hawaii expands coffee farm quarantine

Study explains flower petal loss

RSS story archive

Re: so Kitty---

You GO Kitty! That's awesome! 

Not 'trendy' enough? What a moron. 

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC 

> [Original Message]
> From: Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center
> To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
> Date: 5/2/2005 12:46:27 PM
> Subject: Re: [CHAT] so Kitty---
> Thanks for asking Donna.  I was so worried I was going to be rained out.
> They had called for 70% chance of rain.  I priced some items Wed night and
> Thurs i pulled some into garage to mark because it was raining, then more
> Fri am when it wasn't (I had Fri & Sat off). Broke for awhile to go to a
> interview - he said I wasn't 'trendy' enough.  Then plugged away at
> the rest until about 5pm at which time it started raining, lightly.  My
> garage was packed full of plants that I knew I could not set up the next
> by 7:30, so I started setting up all the tables in the rain with plastic
> protect the wooden ones.  I brought plants out to the tables until the
> got heavier and then covered them with dropcloths.  Rained the rest of the
> night.  Weatherman said rain in the morning..  Next morning, Sat, sale
> I got up about 4:30. Not raining.  Moved all the rest of the plants out to
> tables.  The display stretched about 70 feet with some of the displays
> having 2, 3, or 4 tiers.  Then I lugged out all the heavy produce boxes
> a few regular garage sale items. It didn't rain the entire day.  Got a
> little chilly, then warm again, but all in all, a really nice day.
> I sold almost everything, plantwise.  Nobody wants Blue Flag Iris, 20 of
> which had been given to me because they hadn't sold at the MG sale.  Now
> I'll just take the 12 left (I gave 7 away free) back to the next MG sale.
> Other than that, I had about a dozen plants left. Made $1150, but that
> includes about $50-70 of regular garage sale stuff.  Still, it's a new
> record for me.
> Then I had to work at our MG nursery all day Sunday, digging and potting
> things for our May sale.  My dogs are barking.  My back is aching.  I'm
> actually gald to be back at work where I can rest.  I'm pooped.
> Kitty
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Donna" <gossiper@sbcglobal.net>
> To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
> Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2005 7:12 PM
> Subject: [CHAT] so Kitty---
> > How did your plant sale go today? Did you get rained out?
> >
> > Donna
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with the
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with the

To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with the

Other Mailing lists | Author Index | Date Index | Subject Index | Thread Index

 © 1995-2017 Mallorn Computing, Inc.All Rights Reserved.
Our Privacy Statement