Re: Opinion time

Manual of Woody Landscape Plants, 5th edition. He says USDA...
Cathy
On May 9, 2005, at 5:43 PM, Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center wrote:

Wonderful! The pictures look really nice, but Botanica is occasionally
wrong on zones. However, it also depends on which Dirr book you are
reading. I understand that some of his books use Sunset zones while others
use USDA.

Kitty
----- Original Message -----
From: "Cathy Carpenter" <cathy.c@insightbb.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2005 3:30 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Opinion time

Dirr says z4 - 8. Give it a try. I was successful in MD, which is 6b,
but have seen them in 5a for sure.
Cathy
On May 9, 2005, at 4:23 PM, Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing
Center wrote:

The only book I have handy is Botannica.  It says Zones 6-9 for
Cercidiphyllum japonicum.  But it has been wrong a time or three.
Speaking
of hardiness, our MG nursery took a chance on a couple of items
that were
borderline and lost.  We lost all our Tricolor Hypericum,
Leptodermis, and
Vitex.

Kitty