From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of TeichFlora@aol.com
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2005 6:08 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] tent cat/birds

Kitty, they dont' seem to mind.  It is on a corner between two other
yards,
and neither mind.  In fact it is more in one neighbors yard than  mine,
because I prune mine off the fig tree, but he never prunes it, nor wants
us to.
I've never eaten the berries, birds seem to do a terrific job of
cleaning the
tree of the berries before anyone else can get to them.  Have  flocks of
cedar
waxwings that come only during fruiting season.  No clue if  they are
around
this area any other time, but we sure dont' see them except when  the
tree is
ripe with fruit, then it is covered with them.  I've given away  any
seedlings
that come up too, and have a waiting list of people that want  them.
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 5/9/2005 4:46:38 PM Central Standard Time,