Re: Biochem moisturizer warning

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Biochem moisturizer warning
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 11:17:03 -0600

Auralie, I'm glad you found something that works for you.  Can you explain
what properties milk contains that actually cleanse?  When I garden I
sometimes really get into a project and can have a film of dust  over my
face.  Then there's sweat.  Can milk cut through this sort of thing?

Years ago I read a book by a professional make up artist called something
like "Don't go to the Cosmetics Counter without Reading This First", in
which she dispelled some of the myths of the "new" ingredients of the time
that were being used in cosmetics and facial creams.  She suggested Cetaphil
and I found it at Walgreens.  I've used it on my face ever since.  It's
gentle but does a good job of removing grime.  At one time my dermatologist
asked what I used.  He agreed that Cetaphil was an excellent choice.