Re: ornamental grass!

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] ornamental grass!
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 10:08:24 -0600

Something to keep in mind about H3, is that it covered plants grown in NORTH
AMERICA and only covers that up to around 1970ish.  Possibly Japanese Blood
Grass wasn't regularly cultivated here at that time (still a novelty or not
at all)  I had looked in H3 as well and saw the reference to Miscanthus
sacchariflorus.  Not the same plant.  I checked it in A-Z and that's Silver
Banner Grass.