Re: Hydrangea Madness

Daryl, I can fully identify with your madness. I have 14 hydrangeas right now, and Goddess knows what damage I would do at a conference. <LOL> They are one of my favorites in the garden.
zone 7
West TN
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2005 11:08 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Hydrangea Madness

There's a real danger in attending a Hydrangea Conference. Not only do the
speakers (Dan Hinkley, Mike Dirr, Tara Dillard, Penny McHenry, Ted
Stephens,and many more) entice you with luscious photos, but they have
Hydrangeas for sale dirt cheap.

Mind you, I have no need for more Hydrangeas, really. I already have 9 of
them, and need to keep room for one that will be introduced in two years
that I absolutely will have to have. And I need a replacement for "Purple
Tiers" which went to that great compost pile in the sky while I was in
Salzburg last year. (Darn it, they were sold out of that one when I got to
the sales table!)

Why then, did 25 new Hydranges just jump into my car and come home with me?