Rain - a little

We had a little shower this morning - gentle rain for maybe half an hour.
little bit helps, but this is not nearly enough.  It is still overcast and
cool - mid
50s - but no more rain.  It's been so cool I have delayed ptting out my
plants - basil, tomatoes, etc. Haven't actually had frost in a week, but it
has been
in the 30s and low 40s at night and scarcely up to 60 in the daytime.  I just
thing they would enjoy it.
Daffodils are finally gone, and the old-fashioned double orange poppies are
starting to bloom.  I have no idea what kind they are - sent Marge a picture
a couple of years ago and she didn't know either - but I love them.  They have
dark blue-black centers, and always have very twisty stems.  Blooms about
3 1/2 inches across.  They don't last too long, and the foliage disappears
completely when the flowers are gone - then comes back in  late summer.
I guess some would call them invasive.  They don't like to stay put and are
always appearing somewhere I don't expect them, but they aren't invasive as
in crowding out other plants.
Dogwoods have been very poor this year.  Don't know why, but probably
has to do with last year's weather pattern.  Some years are much better
than others.  This is just about the very northern edge of their range, and
shallow root systems, they are very vulnerable to drought and any other
environmental situation.