baby birds

We have been aware for several days that Carolina wrens might
be building a nest in our screened porch.  At first when we saw
them on  the porch we thought they were trapped, but then found
that they knew a way in and out through a small gap where the
screen frame joins the stone foundation.  Yesterday my DH
discovered three baby wrens  hopping around on the floor of
the porch.  Today has been really nasty, weather-wise.  Rain
was predicted, but it has not materialized - rather it has been
overcast, windy, and in the low 50s.  Not at all nice.  My DH is
so concerned about the poor baby birds being cold and
miserable - he knows he would be - that he wanted to take
a blanket out for them.  I am sure that these babies are better
off in the porch with some shelter from the wind and rain if it
comes, than they would be in a nest in a tree.  We haven't
found the nest, but haven't looked too hard for fear of disturbing
them.  The babies are so cute, but look as big as their parents -
none of which are very big.
Auralie