Re: Bad Times for Cats

You are right on all points, Vera. However, this is Tennessee, a state trying very hard to emerge from the 19th century -- let alone arrive at the 21st. Our criminal statutes are the most dated anywhere, except maybe Alabama or Mississippi.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Vera Metzke" <vmetzke@gmail.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 11:25 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Bad Times for Cats

Unbelievable!  Game warden should also be shot if he authorized that
type of trap intown!  How aweful!  Call everyone...press, animal
activist, vets, That is not right in town!  Out of town would be bad
enough!  DA should take action!  There must be city ordance against

Game Warden? Where does he fit in when it comes to authority in town? Leg
hold traps? These are banned nearly everywhere, and I can't imagine any AC
officer or game warden being able to authorize their use near any populated
area much less in town. We had skunks under our shed at CES and pest
control brought have-a-heart type traps.

Zem, I am so sorry for the loss of your 2 dear cats. This is senseless
cruelty. PETA will go after them, but I really think ASPCA should be
contacted too, for balance. If you need help or support of any kind, let me
know if there is anything I can do.

People. And they wonder why I live with 5 cats.

neIN, Z5