From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Melody
Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2005 2:16 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Just popping in for a minute

Just catching up here and thought I'd take a minute to say hello. Iris
are blooming, so are the daisies and columbines. Rose bushes and peonies
are loaded with tons of buds. The trees seem to be recovering from their
frostbite from a couple of weeks ago. We've had lots of rain so the
gardens are looking very lush and full of gorgeous foliage...any day now
I'm expecting to see tons of flowers.

Trying to keep up with weeding as best as I can but it's tough. So many
loads of laundry behind I can't even count but what little spare time I
have I prefer to spend outside. We re-did our little water feature...dug
it a bit wider and deeper as we found the water was evaporating too fast
otherwise and we were having to add water every day or so...pain in the
rear that was. Added an extension to one of the beds and put in
seeds..we'll see what grows. I'll try to get some piictures of what is
blooming now, especially the iris and this one unbelievable columbine.
gotta go...my son is having a birthday party and my house is being over
run by half a dozen 10 and 11 year old boys. I'll be packing them off
with the DH to see Star Wars 3 in a couple of hours and then they will
all be consigned to the backyard, sleeping in a tent for the night.

Take care all of you...glad you found Jim.

Melody
Hills, IA  zone 5