To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2006 10:58 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Underplanting peonies

I don't grow peonies, so....

The only thing that comes to mind is hardy geraniums
(which I can offer you some starts). Maybe some fall
blooming anemone's or huechera's or tiarella
varieties.

Most sun plants are on the taller side, are you
thinking something that will hide the peonies later in
the season or just a low border around them?

Donna

--- Cathy Carpenter <cathy.c@insightbb.com> wrote:

Any suggestions for plants that would look good with
herbaceous
peonies in a west facing, full sun bed? The bed is
no more than 3
feet wide. The peonies are a dark pink when in
bloom, but my concern
is mostly what could bring interest to the bed after
the peonies have
done their thing.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b