Peonies hosta columbine lilly and iris?

Hi All,
Have a partial shade/noon to 5pm sun area (west exposure) under the huge
hackberry tree.  I am thinking of tilling the area up and transplanting some
of the peonies - too old to know their origin, magic lillies, and some hosta
to create the small garden?  Any thought or screams of terror?  Any
suggestions welcome.  The peonies are just starting to get buds so I will
wait till they do bloom.  I have transplanted them a couple of times since I
bought the house 28 years ago.  Originally they were engulfed by mulberries
and lost in the iron weeds!  They have thrived since.  Magic lillies -
ditto!  The soil is to well drained!  Under the 8-10 inches of soil, I fear
is an old cinder bed from a removed model T garage?  This is along a chin
link fence so thinking a semi-circle form.  Maybe some dwarf iris?  Right
now the peonies are pink and white, hosta - blue bloom, columbine are
blue/violet bloom, pink lilly, dwarf iris I have to transplant are peach and
violet.  Seem to be holding with the pink/white/blue theme?  OK now I am
babbling....Please any suggestions welcome!