Re: Paulownia

> If you look at the distribution by state, it looks a lot like an
> eco-hysteria problem rather than a botanical problem. Some states are
> colored green with no supporting county data. But, then, all sorts of
> strange plants--Chinese fan palms, for example--end up on invasive
> lists.

I have no doubt that Paulownia is invasive in some places; I think
anyone planting should check and see what invasiveness potential/problems
it has in their area.  Of course, you should do that with *anything* that
you plant...

I remember driving to South Carolina and seeing thousands of Paulownia
along the highway through the mountains in Tennessee.  It's a real problem
in some places there.

I've been spared that particular temptation -- they're not even bud hardy
here!  :)